We checked in with Louise for an exclusive interview just before she flies off to Scalabis Cup on the 2nd July. See the full interview below!
Congratulations on your selection for the event. How did you feel when you first found out the news?
- Thank you! I was super excited to be given the opportunity to go back to such a fun competition and represent my country again!
Being the reigning Senior Ladies Scalabis Cup Champion and World Age Group Champion. What are your aims for this competition?
- This is my first international competition since becoming World Age Champion last year, so it will be really exciting to go out with new expectations and pressures and try to defend my title!
Are there any role models/inspirational sports people you look up to that have helped you in your gymnastics career?
- Bryony Page is my role model! She is the current Olympic silver medallist and also just a wonderful person. I have recently started to train alongside her and we are very similar and have loads of fun together! I aspire to look as graceful as she does when she jumps!
How has your training been leading up to this event?
- I have had a lot of changes to my training this year as I am transitioning into the senior group and I am getting stronger and higher every day so I’m excited to see how far I can push my new limits!
Do you have any competition rituals to get you ready?
- I mostly try and enjoy all the training leading up to the competition as ultimately I just love jumping! When it comes to the competition time, I let myself focus on my goals and how I am going to achieve them. When I get on the trampoline, I close my eyes, do a bit of visualisation, and take a deep breath and go!
Thank you Louise for answering our questions. We wish you the best of luck and hope the competition goes well!