Dear All, you will by now have seen British Gymnastics and English Gymnastics release concerning the next phase of reaction to Covid19 and at all times discussion and advice from our Government has been constant. All of BG/England’s/SE Regional events have been cancelled until the end of June.
Following last night’s update from the Prime Minister, and after speaking with BG, we are pleased to let you know that we will be remaining OPEN AS NORMAL until we are instructed otherwise. In light of the advice we have received however we will be making some temporary changes.
We have decided as a club to the following list of actions as the next phase of our approach in the hope this decisive action will remove uncertainty about the club. This will run until the end of June but we will reconsider our plans in May and could extend or shorten this deadline:-
- All competitions are cancelled – they are not be postponed, simply cancelled. Refunds will be processed.
- We will revise daily our position on our open sessions.
- Spectators are asked not to stay if it is not necessary.
- All our squads groups will continue as they are under 20 people in number.
- Other groups will be split into groups of 20 or less and will be separated in the hall at either end, no more than 40 inside the hall.
- All coaches have been asked to minimise physical contact with participants and sanitise their hands after any contact.
- We would ask that gymnasts stay responsible and do not greet each other with hugs etc., let’s just try and keep a small distance, but be civil at all times.
- All participants are being asked to wash their hands before beginning their warm up.
- Every day the gym is being cleaned and used areas & equipment wiped down with anti-bacterial cleaner.
- All private lessons between 1-4 people can carry on as normal, but we may reschedule to make things work in the gym.
- People should not borrow kit or pens etc. from others, but bring your own.
- We will be propping open internal doors during working hours to minimise touching surfaces.
- We would prefer all drink is purchased from here (as that is controlled) but if not do not share or leave behind, remove all bottles and cans purchased from elsewhere.
- We would prefer any payments by Bank Transfer* or Contactless whenever possible but if necessary we will accept cash but will also give any change in like manner.
We feel this action is in line with current advice, but will remain constantly reviewing advice from our Government.
While we recognise the concerns of some of our club parents in attending squads etc. we would like to remind everyone of the benefits of physical activity, as stated by Sport England in their corona virus update at https://www.sportengland.org/news/coronavirus-information-sector.
It is worth remembering that the participants at club are more spread out than in school which reduces the likelihood of transmission.
If/when sessions are suspended or cancelled you will not be charged for any sessions that the club does not run.
Please do continue to support us up until this point as we are a not-for-profit club and rely on all of you to keep us afloat. We have had a few people cancel their membership assuming they can re-join at a later date – please realise that may mean we will not be around at that time!
- Bank details:
- Account No: 46859535
- Sort code: 60.60.08
- Account name: GJTC Ltd