We checked in with Holly Keeping for an exclusive interview just before she flies off to Scalabis Cup on the 2nd July. See the full interview below!
Congratulations on your selection for the event. How did you feel when you first found out the news?
- Well when I found out, I was on the bus and my dad had rung me and I literally did nothing I didn’t know what to say or what to do. For the first time in my life I really was speechless.
This will be your first international competition representing Great Britain. What are your aims for this competition?
- My aims for Scalabis is to complete all 4 of my passes and to know that I did the best I could and everything else is a bonus. However, this will be my first time of flying with neither of my parents so my biggest goal is just to get on that plane!
Are there any role models/inspirational sports people you look up to that have helped you in your gymnastics career?
- When it comes to Trampoline my biggest role models are Kat Driscoll and Louise Brownsey, however, when it comes to DMT my biggest role model has got to be Emily Smith because she is so determined and inspirational and has helped me so much with my DMT career so far. My coaches are also good role models especially when I face mental challenges such as going to secondary school, moving up an age group and acquiring new skills, I hope to make them proud at Scalabis.
Obviously, you and Mabel have been selected for this event. How does it feel knowing you and your training partner will be representing Great Britain for the first time together?
- It’s amazing news and it will make the time extra special along with Louise and Pete also going from Jumpers.
Do you have any competition rituals to get you ready?
- From my very first competition I have always had these cards that my mum made me which just have little quotes to remind me that I can do it along with funny pictures to make me laugh. Whilst warming up and just before I compete I visualise my passes in my head and remind myself to just do what I’ve been trained to do. Also sharing my extra sour sweets with Colin Woodall!
Thank you Holly for answering our questions. We wish you the best of luck and hope the competition goes well!