We checked in with Peter Buravytskiy for an exclusive interview just before he flies off to Scalabis Cup on the 2nd July. See the full interview below!
Congratulations on your selection for the event. How did you feel when you first found out the news?
- I was happy to know that I would have another opportunity to practice everything I’ve been working on in a different environment, and getting comfortable with new routines.
This is your first time being selected for the Scalabis Cup. What are your aims for this competition?
- I would treat this event like any other international competition, with my main aims being based around consistency and improving technical aspects (Time of Flight, Horizontal Displacement).
Are there any role models/inspirational sports people you look up to that have helped you in your gymnastics career?
- I always look up to any of the top athletes in gymnastics whether its currently or in the past, which helps me stay motivated and excited about the sport. Many of the people around me are my role models, ensuring I stay focused on my goals and continue developing as an athlete.
How has your training been leading up to this event?
- I have been happy with my training and preparation, making sure I’m both physically and mentally prepared in the right mindset, as I would be for any event.
Do you have any competition rituals to get you ready?
- Other than making sure I’m physically prepared (i.e. a good warm up) I mainly use visualisation to keep myself focused for when I need to perform, this is all I need to feel ready for competition.
Thank you Peter for answering our questions. We wish you the best of luck and hope the competition goes well!